Vision boards have been used for years to tap into your subconscious mind and manifest the life that you desire. They can be a powerful tool when it comes to crafting an intentional life. Here are top ten vision board tips from author, Shannah Kennedy.
- Understand what a vision board is and how to use it — A vision board is one of the most valuable visualisation tools available to you. The board you create reflects your future, the one you dream of living. It’s a visual representation of your dreams and the goals you want to achieve.
- Choose a vision board focus – health and wellbeing or career and confidence -THEY GIVE ENERGY. Where your focus goes your energy flows. The pictures, words, affirmations and goals spark new energy, focus and interest to bring your dreams to life.
- Write down your values – the 3 most important things to you in life and write them down, we want to build imagery around this
- Think about how you want to feel – A vision board MUST include feelings and emotions around each and every item you put on your board. HOW you want to feel when the specific item you put on the board comes true. This helps create an attachment and connection to the topic, instead of it just being a piece of paper on the board.
- Define your goals for the next 1-3 years – Be clear on what you want. Goals are dreams with deadlines. Your 3 year vision board is a tool, a road map, an inspiration and a way of training the brain to create new habits and make better decisions. Tools are meant to be used, so ensure that it is a part of you and visible for you to connect with on a regular basis.
- Find words, images, quotes that represent how you want to feel, what is most important to you and what your goals will result in. Tap into your senses to inspire you to grow and flourish.
- Fire up your creativity – Spend some time arranging your board so it gives you energy and inspires you
- Put it where you can see it – Put it somewhere you see it daily – on the wall, back of the door, ceiling or take a pic and use as a screen saver. Look at it daily – remember that it is not just the joy of creating one but the daily inspiration and guidance it will give you as you work towards to your dreams. Believe it is already yours. Visualization is one of the most popular and effective mind workouts you can do to motivate yourself. Olympic athletes have been using this tool for decades to improve performance, stay on track and energised as they tune into the pictures of success on a daily basis.
- Acknowledge your progress – journaling your progress, thoughts and feelings each day supports your vision as you take responsibility for moving forward in the direction of your dreams. Be grateful for all that is good and present in your life.
- Celebrate each success! – celebrate the small wins, the big wins and each opportunity that came your way. Every little step along the way is success, celebrate them and raise your energy and vibration.
Disclaimer: This article provides general information only, and does not constitute health or medical advice. If you have any concerns regarding your health, seek immediate medical attention.